As an employer, there are several ways to engage with the Los Angeles Regional Coalition for Linked Learning.
Become General Members: Membership is free and mutually beneficial. At Coalition meetings, you will meet representatives of school districts, colleges and nonprofit programs who can help you with the following:
- Connect directly with youth who are interested in your field and education partners that will support your workforce needs
- Create a pipeline of diverse talent that is experienced in your industry
- Reinvigorate and retain employees by developing their leadership potential
- Build brand awareness and trust, and highlight the importance of your industry in the community
- Drive community impact in your geographic area and partner network
Employers who engage students through work-based learning opportunities (i.e. project consultations, service learning, internships, careers fairs, guest speakers, etc.) help build a future workforce pipeline for their industry. In addition, they provide students with real-world exposure in the fields that interest them.
All work-based learning experiences give students perspective and insight; however, one of the most meaningful experiences that employers can provide is the opportunity to intern over the summer. The cycle for creating work-based learning experiences for students is a year-round effort. Starting in the fall and early spring, Coalition members develop employer partnerships and experiences for local schools and students. In late spring through early summer, members work on securing internships and placing students.
Employers interested in being involved with the Coalition or offering an internship opportunity for students should email [email protected].
The Coalition’s three Action Networks work in three mission-critical areas for the Coalition: partnerships (e.g., strengthening corporate commitment); college readiness (e.g., postsecondary engagement), and data acquisition and analysis (e.g., tracking key Linked Learning success indicators).